When you’re first setting up your Hubdoc account we recommend that you customize the email you use to send documents to Hubdoc, add two-factor authentication to your account, and connect to all integrations relevant to your workflow.
Access your account settings
To review your account settings, navigate to the Profile and Security tabs within your own Hubdoc account.
Review account information
Navigate to the Profile tab to review your profile settings and make any necessary changes. See below for more information about each field:
- First and last name: The name should reflect the primary account holder’s name.
- Company: The company name should reflect the company utilizing the account for their books.
- Email: The email address should correspond to the primary account holder (for a client account, this could be an email alias.) This will be the username you use to log in to Hubdoc. If email alerts are enabled, this address will receive email notifications.
- Base currency: The base currency should reflect the currency that the majority of your purchases are made.
- Date format: The date format should reflect the format used in your country or where the majority of your purchases are made.
Customize your Hubdoc Email
Each Hubdoc account has a unique, customizable email that is used to send documents into Hubdoc that ends in @app.hubdoc.com. We recommend changing the prefix of this email to something easier to remember, like the company name associated with the account.
Moving forward, you can send documents to this email address and they will upload to your Hubdoc account for processing.
Set up two-factor authentication
Two-factor authentication (2FA) provides an extra layer of security for your or your clients' Hubdoc accounts. Two-factor authentication is a combination of your username, password, and an authentication code sent to your mobile device. Read our Helpdesk article to learn how to set up 2FA for your Hubdoc account.
Please note: Enabling 2FA on your Hubdoc account does not enable it on the accounts of your collaborators and clients – 2FA must be set up by each account owner. We recommend that you encourage your staff members and clients to enable 2FA on their accounts to maximize security.
Connect to Hubdoc integrations
Connecting your Hubdoc account to the appropriate integrations allows you to sync your documents and their data to the right place in your accounting workflow. We recommend completing this process during initial account set up to prepare for a smooth workflow when you begin working with documents.
To add your preferred integration, follow the steps below:
Review the Helpdesk articles below to learn how to connect to Xero, QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, and cloud storage platforms:
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter More Content by Paige Sopik