Whether you’re on the go, at home, or in the office, Hubdoc gives you the tools to upload paper and digital documents using your mobile device, desktop, email, or scanner. Once the document has been uploaded, Hubdoc extracts the key financial data and automatically files it into a supplier folder.
Learn about getting documents into Hubdoc in this Xero Central article.
Practice uploading your documents
In order for Hubdoc to accurately extract information from a document you've uploaded, the date, supplier name, and amount must be clearly visible. Practice uploading documents into your Hubdoc organization using each of the upload options:
The Hubdoc mobile app is a great tool for business owners who are always on the go. Simply snap a photo of a receipt using the app, and it will upload to your Hubdoc account automatically.
2. Log in using your Hubdoc account credentials.
3. Select the green camera icon to take a photo of your document, then select ‘Use Photo’ (iPhone) or ‘Ok’ (Android) to upload the photo.
4. Review the document in your Hubdoc organization.
Upload documents saved to your computer by browsing your files or by dragging and dropping into your Hubdoc organization.
2. Select Standard Document Upload or Multi-Page PDF Split.
If you select Standard Document Upload, the file will upload as a single document. If you select Multi-Page PDF Split when manually adding a multi-page PDF document (e.g., if you scan multiple invoices into one PDF file), it will be split into individual documents.
3. Click Browse and select the document or drag and drop the document from your computer into the file upload window.
4. Close the Upload Document window.
Each Hubdoc organization has a unique Hubdoc email which is used for sending in documents. You can find your Hubdoc email when you click the Upload Document window and in your Organization settings. Follow the instructions below to email a document into Hubdoc.
2. Ensure the "To" field contains your Hubdoc email address as the recipient. (To save time, you can save your Hubdoc address as a contact in your email program.)
3. Attach the document to the email, or enter the information in the email body.
4. Click Send.
Please note: You can also forward documents from your inbox to your unique Hubdoc address.
Pro tip: Do you receive recurring bills and invoices to your email? Set up automated email forwarding filters so when documents land in your inbox they are uploaded directly into your Hubdoc account.
Hubdoc has a direct integration with Fujitsu’s ScanSnap Home, ScanSnap Cloud, and ScanSnap Manager. Scan documents using your ScanSnap device and they will be automatically uploaded into your Hubdoc account.
Learn how to connect Hubdoc and ScanSnap in this Xero Central article.
Please note: ScanSnap is not currently available in the United Kingdom.
Types of files you can upload
Hubdoc’s data extraction can read the following file types:
- Plain text
Please note: The maximum single document file size Hubdoc supports is 35 MB. A maximum of 300 documents can be uploaded to Hubdoc in a 24-hour period.
What’s next? Sync your documents and data to connected integrations