As a business owner, you may have created your own account, or your accountant or bookkeeper may have created your account on your behalf and invited you to join Hubdoc. In both scenarios, it is helpful to know how to access your account’s settings so you can make changes to your profile information, customize your Hubdoc email, add two-factor authentication to your account, and connect to Hubdoc's integrations.
Access your account settings
To review your account settings, navigate to the Profile and Security tabs within your Hubdoc account.
Review profile information
Navigate to the Profile tab to review your profile settings and make any necessary changes. See below for more information about each field:
- First and last name – The name should reflect the primary account holder’s name.
- Company – The company name should reflect the company utilizing the account for their books.
- Email – The email address should correspond to the primary account holder (or it can be an email alias if your accountant or bookkeeper is managing your account). This will be the username you use to log in to Hubdoc. If email alerts are enabled, this address will receive email notifications.
- Base currency – The base currency should reflect the currency that the majority of your purchases are made in.
- Date format – The date format should reflect the format used in your country or where the majority of your purchases are made.
Customize your Hubdoc email
Each Hubdoc account has a unique, customizable email that is used to send documents into Hubdoc that ends in @app.hubdoc.com. We recommend changing the prefix of this email to something easier to remember, like your company name.
Moving forward, you can send documents to this email address and they will upload to your Hubdoc account for processing.
Set up two-factor authentication
Two-factor authentication (2FA) provides an extra layer of security for your Hubdoc account. Two-factor authentication is a combination of your username, password, and an authentication code sent to your mobile device. Navigate to the Security tab to add 2FA to your account and read our Helpdesk article for step-by-step instructions.
Connect to Hubdoc integrations
Connecting your Hubdoc account to the appropriate integrations allows you to sync your documents and their data to the right place in your accounting workflow.
If you are working with an accountant or bookkeeper, this process may already be completed for you! If you are managing your own account, we recommend completing this process during initial account set up to prepare for a smooth workflow when you begin working with documents.
To add your preferred integration, follow the steps below:
Review the Helpdesk articles below to learn how to connect to Xero, QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, and cloud storage platforms:
What’s next? Become a Hubdoc pro – learn how to use Hubdoc with Xero, QuickBooks Online, and Bill.com by completing our online training courses!
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter More Content by Paige Sopik