As a cloud bookkeeping application, Hubdoc is first and foremost a tool that will benefit advisors who serve clients. (Click here for a list of ways that Hubdoc benefits accounting and bookkeeping firms!).
More than 4,000 advisors have implemented Hubdoc as part of their cloud accounting technology stack. In order to do so, however, you’ll have to have a conversation with your clients to “sell” the value of Hubdoc and explain to them why you’ve decided to implement this change.
Value conversations are some of the toughest conversations for advisors to have. It’s easy to dread any discussion that feels like “selling”, no matter how much you believe your client would benefit from a particular solution.
The secret to selling any app is to make it about them, not about you. Tailor the anticipated benefits by adding context and utilizing terms they’ll understand.
Personalize the benefits of Hubdoc so they address:
- Tasks your clients dislike doing/forget to do and how Hubdoc can help with these
- Your clients’ particular goals and how Hubdoc will help them get there
- How Hubdoc will help improve your working relationship (even if it’s already great!)
Listed below are a few ways Hubdoc will benefit your small business clients.
For clients who struggle with document management, Hubdoc provides:
- Easy, paperless bill and receipt capture – Hubdoc makes it easy for clients to upload bills and receipts using their desktop, mobile device, email or scanner – giving you access to the documents you need, when you need them.
- Fast, reliable data – Once documents are uploaded to Hubdoc, the key data is automatically extracted and synced to Xero as accurately coded transactions.
- One-click back reconciliation – Xero then matches these transactions to the bank feed for one-click reconciliation.
- Secure and centralized document management – All client documents are automatically filed by supplier and are searchable and easy to access from anywhere in the world.
For clients who do their own bookkeeping:
- Automate data entry – Once receipts and bills have been uploaded, Hubdoc automatically extracts the key data (supplier name, date, and total amount). This eliminates the time spent on tedious data entry and improves accuracy.
- Audit-proof effortlessly – Hubdoc transactions are matched to the bank feed in your general ledger software with source documents attached.
- Code transactions seamlessly – Automate coding for recurring bills and invoices when publishing to Xero or QuickBooks Online.
- Maintain compliance – Keep your sensitive information secure and ensure your business remains compliant with any applicable industry standards (view Hubdoc’s Security Policy for details).