As a cloud bookkeeping application, Hubdoc is first and foremost a tool that will benefit advisors who serve clients. (Click here for a list of ways that Hubdoc benefits accounting and bookkeeping firms!).
Many advisors have implemented Hubdoc as part of their standardized cloud accounting technology stack. In order to do so, however, you’ll have to have a conversation with your clients to “sell” the value of Hubdoc and explain to them why you’ve decided to implement this change.
Value conversations are some of the toughest conversations for advisors to have. It’s easy to dread any discussion that feels like “selling”, no matter how much you believe your client would benefit from a particular solution.
The secret to selling any app is to make it about them, not about you. Tailor the anticipated benefits by adding context and utilizing terms they’ll understand.
Personalize the benefits of Hubdoc so they address:
- Tasks your clients dislike doing/forget to do and how Hubdoc can help with these
- Your clients’ particular goals and how Hubdoc will help them get there
- How Hubdoc will help improve your working relationship (even if it’s already great!)
Listed below are a few ways Hubdoc will benefit your small business clients.
For clients who struggle with document management:
- Save time collecting & managing documents – Hubdoc automatically fetches your online bills and statements and organizes them into one secure hub. No more downloading, printing, or mailing bills and statements to your advisor month after month!
- Maintain security – With Hubdoc, you don't need to worry about sharing login information for bank accounts (which is especially helpful for smaller banks that don't enable read-only access). Simply connect Hubdoc to your bank and your statements will flow directly and securely into Hubdoc.
- Go paperless – Up to 25% of a business’s office space is used for paper storage. With Hubdoc, all documents are automatically digitized, centralized, searchable, and available at your fingertips in one digital filing cabinet. Minimize office storage space and cut down costs associated with paper!
- Improve advisor collaboration – Your advisor is empowered to spend less time chasing after your documents and more time providing insights that will help your business succeed.
For clients who do their own bookkeeping:
- Automate data entry – Once receipts and bills have been fetched or uploaded, Hubdoc automatically extracts the key data (vendor name, date, and total amount). This eliminates the time spent on tedious data entry and increases accuracy.
- Audit-proof effortlessly – Hubdoc transactions are matched to the bank feed in your general ledger software with source documents attached. Audit-proofing your business has never been so easy!
- Code transactions seamlessly – Automate coding for recurring bills and invoices when publishing to Xero or QuickBooks Online.
- Maintain compliance – Keep your sensitive information secure and ensure your business remains compliant with any applicable industry standards (view Hubdoc’s Security Policy for details).