Hubdoc’s annual list of the Top 50 Cloud Accountants recognizes accounting and bookkeeping firms that are embracing automation to empower their small business clients! (View the Top 50 Cloud Accountants of North America 2017 here, and the Top 50 Cloud Accountants of Australia 2017 here.)
We are now officially accepting applications for our 2018 Top 50 lists! We’re looking for forward-thinking accounting and bookkeeping practices in North America and Australia who are passionate about cloud technology. If this sounds like you, apply to be featured on our list of the Top 50 Cloud Accountants of 2018!
Selected applicants will receive:
- A coveted spot on our list of the Top 50 Cloud Accountants of 2018
- A digital badge for your firm’s website and personalized assets for promotion
- The opportunity to be featured as a subject matter expert in Hubdoc’s content
- A few other surprise goodies, including Hubdoc swag, and more!
Read on for eligibility criteria, how to apply, and more important details!
Who is eligible for the list?
You are eligible to be considered for our Top 50 list if you meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be an employee, founder, or representative of an accounting or bookkeeping firm located in North America or Australia.
- Firms will only be considered if they leverage cloud accounting and bookkeeping applications.
- Applicants using any general ledger software will be considered (as long as the general ledger is a cloud solution).
- Applicants do not have to be Hubdoc customers to be considered.
Above all, we're looking for accountants and bookkeepers who are forward-thinking, passionate, and excited about making a difference in their clients' lives with cloud technology.
How do I apply?
Apply to be considered for the Top 50 Cloud Accountants of 2018 list by completing the official application form! (Scroll down and click "Apply Now" to access the form.)
What do I need to prepare for the application?
- Firm information – Your firm’s name, website, social media information (Twitter handle, LinkedIn page, Facebook page), etc.
- Applicant & co-applicant information – In addition to you/your firm’s primary applicant, you may add up to three co-applicants from your firm to be listed alongside you if you are selected for the list. Be prepared to provide social media information for each applicant (Twitter handle, LinkedIn profile URL).
- Image files – Please be prepared to upload your firm’s logo, as well as provide high-res headshots of you/your primary applicant and your co-applicant(s). Headshots will be used for congratulatory/promotional purposes should your firm be selected for the list.
- Cloud technology stack – Be prepared to indicate which cloud accounting/bookkeeping apps you use at your firm by selecting them from a list.
- Questions & answers – See below.
The application requires you to answer three questions:
Answers – provide in writing or in a video
The application will prompt you to choose to answer the questions in one of two formats: in writing or via one pre-recorded video.
Please note: If you are selected for the list, we might include quotes from your answers in the featured write-up about your firm.
If you wish to submit written answers...
- Please keep the written response to each question within 1,500 characters (approximately 250-300 words).
- We recommend writing out your answers ahead of time and copying + pasting them into the form.
If you wish to submit answers via video...
- Record one video in which you answer all three questions provided above.
- Please keep your video under 5 minutes in length.
- Videos must be submitted using a URL (YouTube, Vimeo, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.). If you are sharing your video via a cloud storage URL, please ensure you set the sharing settings so anyone with the URL can access your file.
When is the application due?
The entry period will close on November 30, 2018 at 11:59pm EST (North America) / December 1, 2018 at 3:59pm AEDT (Australia).
All submitted applications will be considered FINAL and ready for review after this date.
Can I edit my application?
Yes! You can return to your application any time before the deadline and make changes (even after clicking "Save & Submit" at the end). We won’t consider your application to be final until the entry period ends (see above).
To save your application progress: Simply click the “Save & Next” button at the bottom of each page as you make your way through the application.
To edit your application at a later date:
- Return to the application link on the same device and same web browser.
- Click "Save & Next", then proceed to make any changes to your application. Make sure you click "Save & Next" at the bottom of the page to save your changes.
- Click through to the end of the application and click "Save & Submit".
When will the lists be announced?
The lists of the Top 50 Cloud Accountants of North America 2018 and the Top 50 Cloud Accountants of Australia 2018 will both be announced in January 2019!
Any other tips?
Make some noise on social media – tell us on Twitter if you’re applying for the list!
Best of luck! We’re looking forward to reviewing your applications!
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin Visit Website More Content by Victoria Hoffman